For More details on Vaastu for a New Home visit www.rudraksha-ratna.com
Vaastu Shastra - Understanding Science of Direction Vaastu Shastra
The Plot of Land:
· Open spaceshould be provided more in the north and the east as compared to the south and the west. It extends in the form of downward slope, depression and water on surface or just below.
· Elevation and massshould be placed more on the west and the south as compared to the east and the north. This extends in the form of ridge, hill, wall and the mass/weight borne therein.
· Ideally the land will have slope from west to east or south to north and/or south-west to north-east.
· There should be no tall trees, high walls, high rise buildings etc. to the east and the north of the plot. Rivulets, ponds etc. are welcome.
· An electric pole or treeat north-east corner is particularly a great set back. No big pits are acceptable on any side of the plot.
· All obstruction- tall trees etc.-are good to the west and the south of the plot.
· A temple or shops related to noisy mechanical activity,laundry, cobbler, carcass etc. facing the entrance is not desirable.
· A transformer is good near the south-east only.
· The best shape for a plot is square. Rectangle is also excellent provided the length is not more than 1.5 times the width.
· Cut or rounding off at the corners must be avoided.
· Ideally the downward slope should be from all sides to the north- east. Alternatively, the slope should be either to the north or to the east, which implies that the plot would be facing the north or the east.
· If the plot faces south, the direction of the slope of the entire plot should be made to the east only and, instead of a surface drain running in the south direction make vertical exit points leading into an underground drain which discharges the drainage out of the house in the south.
· A plot with roads on all the four sides ensures progress and prosperity. But a plot with road to the north or to the east is also excellent. The one with roads on both the north and the east is still better.
· Plots facing the west or the south are not so good, but need not be rejected. These are amenable very greatly to remedies. These remedies, basically, are in the form of ensuring the above related slopes, receptivity, location of the main door and the location of the main gate.
· A plot located at road ending blindly,suffers from the adverse impact of the forces generated by the traffic operating on the road.
· The excavation for the compound wall should be started from the north-east and proceeded till the south-west end is reached. The erection of the wall should be done in the reverse order.
· The western and southern walls should be kept thicker and taller than those on the northern and the eastern sides.
· The walls at the east and the north may be retained at a low level topped with barbed wire etc.
· Space between the main house and the compound wall on the northern side should be distinctly more than that on the southern side. Similarly, the space on the eastern side must be maintained as more than that on the western side.
· Underground water storage & well should be located only in the north-east zone but off the diagonal connecting the north-east angle with the south-west angle. A fountain or a waterfall is also very beneficial to have in the north-east zone.
· The best place for Septic tank and soak pit is the western end to the northern side of the house. The second best is the northern end on the western side of the house.
Main Entrance: The size of this door should be larger than those of other doors. It must be more impressive than those of other doors as well. It is imperative that the magnitude of the height be maintained at 1.5 times the width of the door. The shutter in this door should open towards the inside of the house and not outward. As far as possible this door should be provided with dual shutters opening to 180 degrees. The level of the main entrance should be a little higher than the approach way. The steps leading onto it should be odd in number. The passage along the main entrance should permit smooth circulation avoiding confrontation of, say, a staircase or booster pump. The entrance calls for fixing a decent image above and putting the signs of swastika along the sides.
Prayer Room: Room for prayer and meditation is recommended to be in the north-east corner of the house. Deity or image of god should not face the south direction. Ideal positions are such that you face east or west while praying.
Bed Room: The master bedrooms should be in the South West corner of the house. If the house has more than one floor then, then it should be on the top most floor. The ceiling should be in level, this makes the energy of the room uniform, which in turn gives one a steady state of mind. Children’s room should be in the north west or west side. To have a better concentration they should have a separate study close to their bedrooms.
Kitchen: The ideal place is south east corner of the building or a kitchen in the west of the building can also be tolerated.
Study Room: The best locations for this room are the north, west, north west, east, north east. These directions attract the positive effects of Mercury increasing brain power, Jupiter increasing wisdom, Sun increasing ambition and Venus helps in bringing about creativity in new thoughts and ideas.
Dining room: The dining room and kitchen should be on the same floor and it should be adjacent to the kitchen from the left. The entrance to the dining room and the main door should not be facing each other. The dining table should be square of rectangular in shape and should not be attached or folding against the wall.
Bathrooms: Bathrooms and toilets should be adjacent to the north- east corner. They should never be constructed in the center or in the south -west corner of the house.
Drawing Room: It should always be constructed towards the north. The rooms located in the northern part of the house should be bigger in size as that compared to the rooms in the southern part of the house. They should be shorter to them in height by one to three inches. This is an important rule of Vaastu Shastra. Furniture should be square or rectangular in shape.
Store Room: If essential then the store room should be constructed in the southern part of the building, other wise grain and other provisions can be stored in the kitchen or in other rooms and cupboards. Things should not be stored in diwans and box beds because it effects the magnetic environment of the self and the room causing sleeping disorders.
Waste Storage: Daily wastes from the kitchen should be kept covered in the south- west corner of the kitchen.
Height of Rooms: The rooms in the northern part of the house should be larger than the rooms in the southern side by 6-9 inches, and lower by 1-3 inches. Height of rooms should ideally be, 12- 14 feet.
Doors/Windows: As far as doors are concerned, the main door should be larger than the inner doors and all doors should open towards the walls. All windows should be at least 3 feet 6 above ground level, and should be at the same level from the top. Window openings should be on the northern and eastern sides of the buildings.
Staircase: Southern or south-western portions of the building are ideal for locating staircase. Do not design staircase of a building in the north-east portion. The steps should climb from east to west or from north to south. If there are landings or turnings in a staircase, it should wind up in the clockwise direction. The number of steps in a staircase should be an odd number so that if you start climbing the steps with the right foot, you will reach the higher floor on the right foot itself.
For More details on Vaastu for a New Home visit www.rudraksha-ratna.com