Among all the beads of different sorts, Chirmi beads take a unique stand as these beads are called the most fabled and mystifying. Found in the jungles of Aravali Mountains, India, these beads are believed to be selecting their master on their own.
They are available in black, red, white colours. The rarest ones are those in black colour and used in preparing Chirmi Kavach.
Mystic Properties of Chirmi Beads:
- They bring luck and ward the native off evil, black magic.
- They defend the wearer from physical harms and accidents.
- They are believed to be resting by Goddess of wealth Maha Laxmi.
- They are best kept in lockers, cash box or safe.
- Wealth holds at the place where these beads are kept.
They may be worn on body in a silver locket or kept in prayer altar or money safe in a metal container. Small children are protected from negative energies when they wear a locket of black chirmi beads. Rudraksha Ratna prepares bracelet and necklaces also of Chirmi beads. Goddess Radha loves a necklace of white and red chirmi beads and her devotees offer this to Her idol. This mala is called by name Gunja mala.