Praan Pratishtha means filling a diving object with ‘prana’, the life force. Rudraksha beads at Rudra Centre are purified before being sent out for delivery. Vedas recommend that any object associated with the Divine must be kept in the state of absolute purity. Just like we take bath in the Ganges in order to purify ourselves, divine objects like Rudraksha beads need to be purified. The purificatory process is called Pran Prathisha performed by experts and qualified Brahmins at Rudra Centre. The experts well-versed in Vedas chant suitable mantras dedicated to purifying divine objects and driving away negative energies. These mantras are powerful and their flawless utterances in line with Vedas purify the eads. Once they are purified, they are then neatly packed in clean cloth and delivered to the clients. To know how it is done in detail along with the Rudraksha mantras go to
|Pran Prathistha Ceremony of Rudraksha: Purifying the beads:|
Life infusing procedure
- Choose an auspicious time for blessings.
- The following items are arranged for blessings.
- Punchgavya Mix of Cow dung, urine, milk, ghee and curd. In absence use Punchamrit which is mix of unboiled milk, honey, sugar, ghee and curd.
- Water mixed with Ganges water in a achamani pot with Kusha grass for sprinkling and a spoon.
- 9 leaves of peepal tree arranged on a plate.
- Plate for offerings to be placed during Puja.
- Dhoop, Incense sticks
- Camphor and lamp
- Sandal paste, Aromatic oil.
- Rice grains mixed with asthagandha.
- Ghee lamp (one wick)
- Offerings - Cloth, Flower, Fruit, Betel nut - Paan , Coconut
Scroll Down to read more
- Sit on an Asan facing east.
- Wash Rudraksha with Punchagavya or Punchamrit.
- Then wash with water mixed with Ganges water.
- Place Rudraksha in a plate with 9 leaves of Peepal tree. Place an empty plate in front of this plate for offerings.
- Chant 3 times
"Om Namah Shivaya"
Shop Now for Energized Products
• Sprinkle water over ourself and all items of Puja chanting:"Om Apavitrah Pavitro Va Sarva Vastan Gatopi Va
Yah Smaret Pundari Kaksham Sa Bahya Bhyantarah Shuchih"Translation:
May all things unholy become holy, may all lower tendencies depart, just as soon as we transcend may within and without be purified!
"Om Gurubhyo Namaha
• Then Chant:
Om Ganeshaya Namaha
Om Kula Devatabhyo Namaha
Om Ishta Devatabhyo Namaha
Om Mata Pitribhyam Namaha"
I bow to guru, I bow to Ganesha, I bow to the family deity, I bow to my personal deity, I bow to my parents
• Place water on right hand with spoon of Achamani and sip after each of these 3 mantras"Om Keshavaya Namaha
Om Narayana Namaha
Om Madhavaya Namaha"
• Place water on right hand and pour on ground:"Om Govindaya Namaha"
• Do three short rounds of pranayama breaths."Om Pranavasya Parabrahma Rishihi Paramatma Devata
Daivi Gayatri Chandaha
• Sprinkle water on Rudraksha with Kusha grass from AchamaniOm Sadyojaatam Prapadyaami Sadyojataajava Namo Namaha
Bhave Bhavenaati Bhave Bhavasvamaam Bhavodbhavay Namaha
• Take a flower and dip in Sandal paste and aromatic oils and touch on the beadsOm Vamdevaya Namah, Jyeshthaay Namah, Shreshthay Namah, Rudraay Namah, Kaalay Namah ,Kala Vikarannaay Namah, Bal Vikaranaay Namah, Balaay Namah Bala Pramathanaay Namah, Sarva Bhoot Damanaay Namah, Manomanaay Namah.
• Offer Dhoop to the rudraksha beads"Om Aghorebhyo Ghorebhyo Ghor Ghor Tarebhayaha
Sarvebhya Sarva Sharvvebhyo Namaste Astu Rudra Roopebhyaha"
• Again take a flower and dip in Sandal paste and touch on beads"Om Tatpurushaaya Vidmahe Mahadevaay Dheemahi
Tanno Rudraha Prachodayaat"
• Chant Eeeshan mantraOm Eeshaanah Sarvavidyaanam Eeshwar Sarvabhootaanaam
Brahmaadipati Brahmanaadhipati Brahma Shivome Astu Sadaa Shivom
• Chant Pranpratishtha mantra (Life giving mantra). Offer rice to plate before rudraksha while chanting this.Om aam hreem krom yum rum lum vum shum shum sum haum hum sah asya malaya prana eha prana
Om aam hreem krom yum rum lum vum shum shum sum haum hum sah asya malaya jeeva eha sthitha
Om aam hreem krom yum rum lum vum shum shum sum haum hum sah asya malaya sarveindrayani vagmansyachakshu shodragranapadani ihevagatya sukham chiram thithantu swaha.
• Chant these next mantras and give the offerings or give rice to the plate in front of Rudrakshas:
(Offering ____ to the lotus feet of Shiva Maha Devaya, I bow)
(Invocation) Avahanam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha
(Seat) Asanam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha
(Cloth) Vastram Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha
(Sandalwood or scent) Chandanam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha
(Rice) Akshatan Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha
(Flower) Pushpam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha
(Dhoop) Dhupam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha
(Ghee lamp) Deepam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha
(Water drink) Achamaniyam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha
(Fruit) Naivedyam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha
(Water Drink) Achamaniyam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha
(Betel nut - Paan) Tambulam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha
(Coconut) Shri Phalam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha
• Burn Camphor and circle it clockwise 3x in front of plate and chant:Karpura Shivam Karuna Vataram Samsara Saram Bhujagendraharam
Sada Vasantam Hridaya Ravinde Bhavam Bhavani Sahitam NamamiTranslation:
White as camphor and kindness incarnate, the very form of Brahman consciousness, you Shiva ever dwell in my heart. I bow to you
• Chant Gayatri mantra 3 timesOm Bhur Bhuvah Swaha
Om Tat Savitur Varenyum Bhargo Devasya Dhimahi Dhiyo Yonaha Prachodayat
• Chant Surya mantra 3 timesOm Bhu Om Bhuvaha Om Swaha Om Maha Om Janaha Om Tapaha Om Satyam
• Repeat and touch each after each mantra, right eye, left eye, foreheadOm Apo Jyothi Raso Amtritam
Brahma Bhu Bhuvaha Swarom
• Chant Mahamrityunjaya mantra 5 times and offer rice to a plate before rudraksha after each round Om Haum Joom Sah ,Om Bhur Bhuvaha Swaha
Om Triambakam Yajamahey,Sungandhim Pushti Vardanam
Urvar Ukamiva Bandhanan,Mrityor Muksheeya Mamritat
Om Swaha Bhuvaha Bhu Om Sah Joom Haum Om
• Chant Beeja mantra 108 timesOm Namah Shivaya
Om Hreem Namah
Om Kleem Namah
Om Hreem Namah
Om Hreem Hum Namah
Om Hum Namah
Om Krom Srom Rom Namah
• Bow or supplicate, then chant this last prayer:Om Purnamada purnamidam purnath purnamudyachite
Purnasya purnamadaya purna mevaya shishyate Om Shanti Shanti Shanti
Biomedical Properties of Rudraksha
The beneficial powers of Rudraksha are by virtue of its Electrical and Magnetic
Can Ladies wear Rudraksha
Q. As posted on Rudra Beads Societies Club A. T emple priest advised me that la
How do the rudraksha beads work
Rudraksha beads work on different chakras of human body as well on different pla
Importance of Rudraksha
"Mlechkhho Vaapi chandalo Yukto Va sarvapaatakai, Rudraksha Dharayedyastu Sa Ru