A temple is a divinely central part of Indian homes. Extreme care is taken while setting it up in accordance with Vastu principles. Vastu Shastra states specific decrees and norms as to how a home temple should be constructed. A temple at your home should be installed as per the scriptural injunctions because it is the place where peace and harmony situate themselves; where you and your dear ones seek the divine grace of the Almighty Lord who alone can fulfill wishes.
Contrary to Vastu, if the temple is constructed as per the whims of the homeowner, the place fails to receive positive energies from the Cosmic Universe wherein the deities, angles and the Lord eternally reside. And as a result, the residents aren’t blessed with material and spiritual prosperity.
A home temple should be designed appropriately and prudently as it is not merely an architectural structure but a spiritually charged altar that sends our emotions into the Cosmos. Thus it is imperative that the temple should be installed in line with the direction of Vastu Shastra as to receive positive vibrations and benefits through the rites and rituals performed at the altar.
Following are the useful Vastu tips for your home temple:
- Your temple must be constructed facing east direction with the entry door in the same direction. The sun rises from east giving a profuse amount of light, energy and blessings.
- You must have the temple placed at higher level; the Lord’s feet come to the level of worshippers’ chest.
- Make sure that the temple room isn’t installed in the bedroom or basement.
- Never your temple room for storage nor should the lavatory be nearer or attached to the room.
- Never place any pictures of departed ancestors in the temple room.
- Make certain that at least all the members of your family should get together once in a week, or best once in a day and perform prayers together.
- Make sure that the idols should not have their backs coming in contact with the wall behind. Never keep idols in the wall by cutting it as well.
- Do not keep the pictures of gods and goddesses in other rooms including kitchen. They should only be there in the temple room.
- Better if a ghee lamp is lit and kept it alight 24X7 it welcomes divine and positive energy into your home.