International Yoga Day
Chakra Yog celebrates International Yoga day, June 21st, 2016. We conduct seminars and workshops to make people aware of the benefits of Yog in achieving holistic health and self empowerment. We advocate usage of ancient Vedic knowledge of Rudraksha, Gemstones, Yantra, Parad and the like to heal the mind, body and soul and life a fearless and stress-free life. Since the last 16 years we are working towards spreading the awareness of Hindu spiritual items through our network of over 40 distributors all over the world.
The world yoga day was declared by the United Nations General Assembly after the efforts by the Indian government to promote the Indian medicine system A.Y.U.S.H (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy). The popularity of Yoga is the cognition that this proposal got an overwhelming support from 175 member-nations.
Yoga was originated in India more than 6000 years ago and is diligently practiced by many people Globally. On the occasion of the international yoga day people can transform their mind, body and soul by achieving physical well-being, mental serenity and spiritual connection.
Yoga is not only a holistic practice of well-being, but also establishes a harmony between the individual and his / her surroundings or nature. It is also about finding the sense of oneness from within, and eventually connecting with the Guru or the Lord. The spiritual aspect of yoga gives the individual inner strength which helps them tackle any issues with calm.
The Four Paths of Yoga
It is essential to know about the four paths of yoga as path targets a different approach to life and ultimately aim to connect an individual to Self and eventually to the Parabrahma, the Supreme God.
The four paths target the four realities of life: body, mind, sense and soul and use different technique to create Yoga (union).
If you make use of your emotions to reach the supreme it is called Bhakti Yoga. This path is for those who have an emotional nature and views God a personification of love. Meera, Surdaas and Chaitanya MahaPrabhu used Bhakti Yoga to unite with God.
Reaching the ultimate through intelligence is known as Jnana Yoga. This path is taken by those with immense will power and strength. Jnana Yoga can be performed only after shedding ignorance and achieving selflessness. Chakra Yog is Jnana Yoga. Neeta Singhal is the Founder of Chakra Yog and she holds workshops for Chakra awareness as a path to reach supreme reality.
Using body or physical actions for knowing the Self and serving others is called Karma Yoga. Mother Teresa, Mahatma Gandhi and those who gave life in the duty of others achieve Moksha through Karma Yoga.
Transforming energy to reach the Supreme is called Dhyana Yoga. It aims to transform physical and emotional energy into spiritual energy. The key for this path is meditation. Kriya yoga, Kundalini Yoga and Pranayama are branches of Dhyana Yoga.
Benefits of Yoga
By performing yoga an individual can look forward to attaining many health benefits and peace of mind. Yoga being a holistic fitness approach, offers overall well-being to the performer, and besides that have the following advantages:
- Emotional well-being: It has been proved that those suffering from depression, insomnia, and other sleep disorders can do yoga and find relief.
- Back pain remedy: Yoga is considered to be the approach to tackle back pain. A few months of yoga practice can help alleviate chronic back pain.
- Detoxification: Yoga is a great way to detoxify your body, and increase its metabolism process. It can be used to deal with hangovers as the blood flow to the brain leads to a balanced body.
- Heart Health: People with heart failure have reported better health after performing yoga as it unblocks arterial plague.
- Relief from Asthma: Asthma patients who along with their regular medication practice pranayama (breathing technique) showed improvement in their condition.
- Relief from Arthritis: Patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis experience pain relief, and discover self-efficacy and vitality after practicing yoga for a period of six weeks.
- Multiple Sclerosis Relief: As yoga improves one’s mood and physical condition by reducing fatigue, the patients of Multiple Sclerosis can follow yoga to mitigate their pain.
- Improved memory: Yoga reduces stress thus increasing the memory and recollection prowess of the brain.
- Aids Weight Loss: The yoga day in India can also help one in their weight loss endeavor.
- Improved Immunity: A better coordination between the mind and the body ensures improved immunity.
Yoga and Spirituality
Yoga is not religious, however a person who practices yoga in its true sense discover their inner consciousness, and thereby find light and one’s Lord. So, on this world yoga day, try to find inner peace by dispelling all negativities and darkness from within.
So gear up on this International yoga day with the necessary yoga accessories and embark upon a journey of good health and inner peace.