What is Malachite?
Malachite is an attractive banded opaque green gemstone with various shades of green, which has been widely used to make jewellery and sculptures and has adorned crowns of Kings since ancient time. It was named Malachite stone because its colour is very similar to the leaves of the Mallow plant. Malachite stone is also known as Kidney Stone or Kidney gemstone because of its contribution to healing Kidney disorders. Centuries ago it was used in parts of the world, such as in Spain, as a stone for children to ward off evil and to help them sleep better. In the Middle Age natural Malachite was worn by people with an engraving of the Sun on it for the purpose of good health and as a talisman of protection from depression or low feeling. It is a semi-precious gemstone and can be worn by anyone. Malachite benefits in grounding energies and protection is well known. Malachite green stone benefits by ushering prosperity, abundance and good fortune.
Malachite is Ore of which metal?
Malachite is a copper carbonate hydroxide mineral, formed from long exposure of Copper ore. It is quite usual to find Malachite with Azurite, Calcite and Goethite. Malachite is more easily available than Azurite but Azurite and Malachite properties are same and azurite malachite comes in crystalline form with a beautiful display of green and blue colours. Malachite gemstone or Kidney Stone can be powdered easily and has been previously used in green paints as a mineral pigment, which, with passage of time has been replaced by synthetic colours.Azurite Malachite stone is also made into Azurite Malachite bracelet, pendants and rings are worn by many.
It is important to note that malachite green is an organic dye which is used to colour/dye things like paper, leather and silk. It is also used to treat some diseases of fish. Malachite green has got nothing to do with the Malachite stone or Malachite gemstone except for the reference of the colour.
Where is Malachite found?
Malachite stone is generally found in places where there are Copper mines. Presently it is found in Mexico, France, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and Israel, South America especially in Arizona and now also in Ural mountain regions of Russia.
Malachite stone or gemstone or Kidney stone has a wide range of physical and metaphysical healing powers. Green colour is considered enormously healing which makes the Malachite stone is intrinsically blessed with healing powers. It is advised not to use raw malachite but use the polished form as raw malachite is said to be toxic.
Malachite stone benefits in Physical healing:
Malachite gemstone benefits in Metaphysical healing:
- Malachite helps to prevent migraines, headaches and mental wearing due to old age. It also boosts the memory power of the person wearing it.
- Kidney Stone strengthens the function of Kidneys and Liver and protects the immune system of the body.
- Malachite gemstone is famous as a gemstone for Kidney disease. Kidney gemstone powder if consumed can heal Kidney diseases. It had been and still is being used for the same purpose.
- Dana Firang stone or Kidney Stone gem has healing effect on swelling in joints, fractures, ruptured muscles etc.
- Kidney stone is said to be good for healing diseases of female sexual organs.
- Dana Firang stone is associated to earth and helps in grounding. It clears and balances all chakras.
- Malachite gemstone protects from lower/evil energies, including protection during pregnancy and child birth. It has powers to absorb negative energies.
- Malachite stone is known as a stone of transformation which pushes to address the issues which one needs to acknowledge and change easily, reminding that "this too shall pass".
- It is a stone of love and emotions. Malachite stone is said to heal relationships by bringing harmony.
Special Qualities of Malachite stone
- Malachite gemstone protects from radiations emitted by electronic gadgets like mobile phones etc.
- Malachite gemstone helps in eradicating fear of travelling on airplanes. Also it is said many cabin crews/pilots keep Malachite stone for safe flights.
Kidney stone / Malachite gemstone in Astrology
In Vedic astrology, Kidney Stone or Malachite Gemstone or Dana Firang stone is ruled by the planet Mercury (Budha). Zodiac signs Gemini and Virgo are associated with this gemstone and people belonging to these sun signs are said to benefit the most from this beautiful gemstone. This planet is the epitome of cleverness, intellect, wit and humour. Influenced by Mercury, the native becomes a sharp thinker but with an innate anxiety as well as indecisiveness. Those who lack logic, rational thinking and positive outlook should wear a Kidney Stone in order to nullify the malefic effects of Mercury.
Rudra Centre has a wide range of Malachite gemstone products including Malachite bracelets and earrings combined with Rudraksha beads. Products available are:
1) Kidney stone/Malachite gemstone - Polished pieces of Malachite gemstone in oval/round shapes in various sizes are available. These are perfect for being made into Malachite pendant/locket, Malachite ring and bracelets.
2) Malachite gemstone bracelets - Made of smooth beads of natural Malachite, some of these bracelets have gold polishes accessories between the beads, adding to the beauty.
3) Rudraksha Malachite bracelets - These powerful bracelets are made of specific numbers of 5 mukhi Rudraksha beads and Malachite beads. Options of designs are available. These bracelets give best result when worn on the left wrist. These are worn for good health, peace and spiritual gains among other Malachite bracelet benefit.
4) Malachite bracelet - Made of smooth beads of Malachite gemstone, some of these green Malachite bracelet have accessories in between the beads. To garner the healing of Malachite bracelet benefit, these bracelets are made adjustable to be worn easily.
6) Rudraksha Malachite Earrings - Trendy and light weight earrings with 5 mukhi Rudraksha and Malachite beads which suit traditional and casual outfits. These earrings have the combined force of the Rudraksha and Malachite gemstone benefits.
We have an array of designs of rings and lockets to choose from. Starting from simple to heavy designs, our skilled artisans can cater to your choice of design and fit the Malachite Gemstone in it to make stunning Malachite stone ring and Malachite stone pendants for you.
Malachite ring which finger?
Malachite gemstone rings are advised to be worn on the Middle finger for maximum benefits. Our in-house experts can provide more information about process of wearing.
Malachite stone price or Dana Firang stone price varies as per the size and quality of the Malachite green stone.
Malachite Special Bracelets and Earrings
Rudraksha Malachite Earring
Earrings made of Malachite gems and German silver accessories, these earrings are finest pieces of spiritual JewelryKnow More
Rudraksha Kidney Stone Earring
Earrings made of Rudraksha & Kidney stone gems with german silver accessories worn for good health, peace of mind & spirituality.Know More
Rudraksha Malachite Bracelets
This bracelet has Malachite gems and natural 5 Mukhi Rudraksha beads with designer spacers. Ideal to be worn on left wrist.Know More
Malachite Bracelet in Round BeadsScroll Down to read more
This vibrant bracelet made of Natural Malachite round gemstone beads in stretch elastic. Brings balance, serenity, optimism, comfort and understanding. Know More
Shop Now for Energized Products
We all have an astral 'aura' around us which we cannot see. This astral aura c
Read More →
Wearing Gemstones the right way
Once a proper stone is obtained after consultation with an astrologer it needs t
Read More →
Science of Planetary Gemology
--> The Science of Planetary Gemmology is one that has been used in accordance w
Read More →
Power of Gemstone
Gemstones earlier use was for healing and spiritual ritual. Their value as conce
Read More →