After taking bath, and wearing neat and clean clothes, the worshiper should make oneself sanctified. All the things for Shiv-poojan, as given before in the list of substantial material required, should be kept ready. The CHAUKI, on which the Shiv-Deity is to be throned should be covered by the white cloth and then the phallus-deity be enthroned after giving it a bath in milk, then in GANGAAJAL (water of river Gangaa) in full devotion.
In the same way, the SHIV-TALISMAN should also be placed on the CHAUKI. Shiv-Deity may be of any metal, stone, wood or clay. It is convenient to have an inscribed Talisman on a copper-plate; otherwise it can be drawn on a bark of birch tree by white sandal.
After giving throne to Lord Shiva, incense stick and the clay-lamp be lighted. The KALASH should also be placed on the right side, filled with water. The leaves of the wood-apple should be sanctified by washing them in clean water. It is the assumption that 'Raam' 'Raam' is also written on these leaves by white sandal, it is more pleasing to God Shiva. Begin the Pooja after having a seat on the Aasan in front of the Deity.
CONTEMPLATION MANTRA OF GOD GANESH
It is a well assumed and known fact in Hindu religious rites and worship of any God, that it must be begun after paying devotional regards to Shree Ganesh Ji first. Hence, in Shiv-Poojan too, we are to worship Lord Ganesh first. His deity should also be place on the CHAUKI by the right side of the main deity. Scroll Down to read more
Shop Now for Energized Products
He should be given substantial offers as Arghya, unbroken rice, flowers, niaiviaidya etc. pronouncement of Contemplation Verse, which is as follows:
- Aum sumukhashchiaikadantashcha
- kapilo gajakarnak: I
- Lambodarashcha vikato
- Vighanaasho vinaayak: II
- Bhaalachandro gajaanan: I
- Dwaadwashayi: taani naamaani ya:
- Patheychhu-nuyaadapi II
- Vidyaarambhey vivaahey cha
- Praveyshey nirgamey tathaa I
- Sangraamey sankatashchayiva
- Vighna tasya na jayatey II
- Deyvan shashivarn chaturabhujam I
- Prasanna vadanan
- Dhyaayeytsarva vighnopashaantyey II
BENEDICTION VERSE (SWASTI VAACHAN)
After Ganesh contemplation, unbroken rice and water (in meager quantity) should be dropped in the feet of the diety. Now the Pooja of God, Lord Shiva is to be performed by reciting the Swasti speech.
- Hari: Aum swasti na Indro vridhashrawaa: swasti na: Pooshaa vishwaveydaa: I
- Swasti nastaarakshyo arishtaneymi swasti no vrihasapatirdadhaatu II 1 II
- Aum paya: prithivvyaampaya: oshadheeshu payo divyantariksheypayodhaa: I
- Payaswatee: p-apradisha: santu mahyam II 2 II
- Aum Vishnoraraatamasi Vvishno: shneyptreystho vvishno: I
- syoorasi vishnordhdhuvosi vvayisan vamasi vishnaveytwaa II 3 II
- Aum Agniradayvataa vaato deyv-ataa sooryodeyvataa chandramaa deyvataa vasavo deyvetaa Rudro deyvataa-adityaa Maruto deyvataa vvishwey deyvataa vrihasppatiraddeyveteyndro deyvataa varuno deyvataa II 4 II
- Aum dyau shaantirantariksha gwam shaanti: prithivee shaantiraap: I shaantiroshadhaya: shaanti: vanaspataya: shaantiravishweydeyvaa I shhantirabrihma shaanti: sarua gwam shaati: I hantireywey shaati: saamaa shaantireydh II 5 II
- Aum Vishwaani deyva sawitarduritaani paraasuva yadabhadra tanna aasuva II
- Aum shaanti: shaanti: shaanti: rabhavatu
After making Swati-Speech, one should sprinkle some water on his head three times, reciting the Purification Verse as follows:
- Aum a-pavitra: Pavitro vaa Sarvaavasthaamgato-apivaa.
- Ya: smareyta pundareekaasham Sa vaahyabhantar: shuchi
EVIL SPIRITS ERADICATION-VERSE
Then Bhoot Shudhi (Eradication of Evil spirit) should be done by reciting the following verse:
- Aum apasarpantu tey bhootaa, Yey bhootaa sansthitaa.
- Yey, bhootaa vighna kartaarastey, Nashyantu shivaajyayaa.
After getting free from evil spirits the devotee should resolve as follows:
- Hari: Aum tatasat I nama: parmaatmaney shree puraan purushottamaay shree mad bhagavatey mahaapurushasya vishnoraajyayaa pravartamaanasyaadyabrahmano dwiteeya, praharaardhey shree shweytavaaraaha kalpey vayivaswata manvantarey ashtaavinshatitamey kaliyugey kali pratham charney Jamboodweepey Bharata khandey Bhaaratavarshey aaryaavartaantargatadeyshayika punya ksheytrey shashthi samvatsaraanaa madhyey (1) naamni samvatsarey, (2) ayaney, (3) ritou, (4) maasey, (5) pakshey, (6) tithou, (7) nakshtrey, (8) yougey, (9) vaasarey, (10) raashisthitey Sooryey, Chandrey, Bhaumey, Budhey, Gurou, Shukrey, Shanou, Raahou, Keytou evam gunavishishtaayaa tithou, (11) gotrotpanna, (12) naamni (sharmaa, varmaa, etc), aham dharmaartha kaam, moksha heytavey shree Shiva poojan karishyey I
Note : In the above noted resolution it should be kept in mind that in place of numbers noted in between, the worshipper shall speak, names of : (1) Hindu samvatsar, (2) Ayan, (3) Season, (4) Month, (5) Fortnight whether dark or bright, (6) Hindu date, (7) Constallation, (8) Yoga (9) Day, (10) Signs in which sun, moon, mars, mercury, jupiter, venus, saturn, dragon's head head and tail are moving at the movement, (11) family's clan, (12) worshipping person along with the sir name e.g. Sharma, Verma etc.
When devotee has taken resolution, he should recite the following verse taking rice in his right hand for the invocation of Lord Shiva.
- Aavaahyaami Shree Shambho, Sharvvatwam Girijaapatey,
- Prasannobhav Deyveysh, Namastubhyam hi Shankar.
After invocation, it should be assumed that Lord Shiva has arrived, and He should be offered the seat (Aasan), by reciting this verse.
- Vishweyshwar Mahaadeyva Raajraajeyshwar Priya,
- Aasanandivyameeshaan, Daasyeyaanthubhyameeshuaram
FEET WASH WATER OFFERING VERSE
Now it should be assumed that the master of this universe, king of kings has taken the seat along with Parwatiji, and they should be offered water to wash their feet by reciting the following verse, and the water should be dropped in the feet of deity.
- Mahaadeyva Maheyshaan, Tribetram cha paraat-par.
- Paadyam-Grihaanam-dattam, Paarwatee sahiteyshwar.
Believing that the God has accepted feet-wash water, He should be offered libation, by reciting this verse.
- Tri yamb-keysh sadaachaar, Jagdaadividhaayak.
- Arghya Grihan deyveysh, Saamb sarvaarth daayak.
Feeling that the all-powerful, master and ruler of this universe has accepted libation, he must be offered water to have it in the palm-pit for sipping with the recitation of the following verse:
With a deep feeling that the Great Lord, who destroyed the three cities, has sipped the palmpit water, he should be offered to have cow-milk for bath by reciting the following verse:
With the assumption that the cow-milk presented for bath has been accepted, curd for same purpose shall be offered, reciting this verse.
When this act is over, and it has been felt that Paarwateenath has taken bath in curd, he is required to have the offer of butter-oil (Ghee) for further bath.
Feeling as such that Lord Maheswar has taken bath in Ghee, a devotee is to offer Honey for taking bath.
After Madhusnaam (Honey-bath) the Lord is to be offered sugar by reciting the verse as follows :
If Panchaamrit is ready, the devotee is not required to give cow milk, curd, ghee, and honey and sugar baths distinctly. He can offer the Lord only Panchaamrit Bath by reciting the verse given below.
Now after Panchaamrit bath or bath given by Cow-milk, Curd, Ghee, Honey and Sugar distinctly pure waterâ€™s bath is to be given to Lord, by speaking the verse as follows:
Now the sacred thread should be caused to make the Lord put on, speaking this verse: