Rudraksha beads are highly revered and hold a great significance in Hindu tradition. These beads and are known to be the most divine blessings from Lord Shiva to mankind. They help maintain health, lead fearless life and gain self-empowerment. The Rudraksha seeds bestow a range of therapeutic healings, material bliss and also aid in spiritual growth. Rudraksha beads come in different mukhis (faces), the vertical lines that are visible on the body of the Rudraksha beads that run from head of the bead to the bottom are known as mukhis. Scientific researchers also support the ancient belief and divine powers of sacred Rudraksha beads. Rudraksha are the beads from large evergreen trees belonging to Elaeocarpus Ganitrus Roxb variety. These species of trees are found in the South-astern Asian islands of Java, Indonesia and Himalayan regions of Nepal and in smaller number in India due to suitable climatic conditions. These trees can grow up to 14.60 to 29.20 meters in height depending on the area. The leaves of the tree are broad. The flowering of tree begins during summers and its fruits ripen during mid-winters after the tree is 7-8 years old or more. A single tree bears Rudrakshas of different mukhis. The environment and humidity of the soil play a major role in growth and formation of Rudraksha beads. Here are few helpful instructions to follow for planting and maintaining of Rudraksha plants
- The temperature of the area where the Rudraksha sapling is supposed to be planted must remain below 35°C.
- It is recommended to grow the plant in big pot so that the roots do not get root bound due to small size of pot.
- The drain hole which lies at the bottom of the pot must be covered a little by the river stone which will keep the soil moist
- Now mix equal portion of soil and peat moss. Generally many plants are planted with potting soils having a neutral pH, but Rudraksha plants which bloom into an evergreen tree, require acidic soil. The peat moss plays a significant role as it adds acidity and nutrient value to the soil.
- Now that your soil is ready fill the pot up to 3 inches below the rim with the mixture.
- Once this is done, separate or dig the soil carefully from the centre with your hands or a small spade about 1 inch deep of your pot.
- Plant a fresh Rudraksha seed in the space and gently cover it with soil.
- Now, water the soil every three days.
- Be patient. The Rudraksha seeds take several weeks or few months to sprout.
- If you are planning to plant the Rudraksha Tree in the Garden of your house or in an open space around your house, follow the below mentioned procedure;
- In order to plant the Rudraksha tree make sure you have a 30 x 30 foot square plot dedicated to the tree.
- In India, due to the harsh climatic conditions, it is recommended that you plant the Rudraksha seeds or the Rudraksha saplings in shadow in order to avoid direct exposure to Sun during summers.
- Hence, it is advisable to plant the saplings below other trees and in a plot which has sufficient place.
- Rich organic soil and proper care for the first few days of planting the Rudraksha seed or plant plays an important role.
- You can plant the Rudraksha plant (sapling) or the Rudraksha beads directly.
- At regular intervals water the potting mix to keep the soil moist. Do not keep the soil water logged.
- Water the plant once in a day during winters and twice in a day during summers.
- The germination of the seed may vary depending upon the climatic condition (may take 6 months to a year to sprout).
- In order to maintain a convenient size you can prune them each year. Similarly, if the plant is mature just remove the top layer of the soil in the pot and replace it with fresh compost each spring.
- You can use soil-based compost which has been placed over a layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel.
- Regularly water the plants and feed the plants with high-potash fertilizer, especially when the plants are bearing flowers and fruit.
- They are really hardy once they get to be about 2 feet tall. At this stage the tree would rebound even if you forget to water them for few days.
- A mature tree will be 30 to 60 feet tall and the roots of this tree will be lifted out of the ground around the base of the tree if the soil is poor or if there are many trees planted close to it
- The trees have an unusual way of dropping its lower branches after all the leaves on the branch have turned bright red.
Shop Now for Energized Products
Article Written by Neeta Singhal
Biomedical Properties of Rudraksha
The beneficial powers of Rudraksha are by virtue of its Electrical and Magnetic
Can Ladies wear Rudraksha
Question : As posted on Rudra Beads Societies Club Answer : Temple priest advi
How do the rudraksha beads work
How Rudraksha works? Rudraksha beads emit different frequencies as per their muk
Importance of Rudraksha
"Mlechkhho Vaapi chandalo Yukto Va sarvapaatakai, Rudraksha Dharayedyastu Sa Ru