Shivalinga worship is ancient, original, prehistoric and not merely an abstract symbol. Many Saints and Heroes in Puranas worshipped Lingam made out of Clay, metal, copper, iron, silver, gold, mud, stone, precious gems, wood, butter, ice, earth or transitory materials such as made out of flowing river., and invoked Lord Shiva into it. We read from scriptures Arjuna fashioned a Shiva Lingam made out of clay. A transitory Shivalingam may be made of twelve different materials, such as sand, rice, cooked food, river clay, cow dung, butter, rudraksha seeds, ashes, sandalwood, darbha grass, a flower garland or molasses. This sends the message that God can be invoked and worshipped in any convenient form; the form is irrelevant, but the divine power that it represents is important. Legend talks about Parvati fashioned a Shiva Lingam to worship the Lord in Kanchipuram, while Lord Rama, due to delay by Lord Hanuman who was summoned to bring Shiva Lingams from Himalayas, made Shivalingam in sand and worshipped at Rameshwaram. This is known as Prithvilingam, denoting the primordial element earth.
Some of the Shivalingams are Swayambus, appeared on its own, some of them are untouched by a chisel; there are rare Shivalingams in Pallava period bearing several stripes shaped, witnessed at Kailasanatha temple at Kanchipuram. As you may be aware, Shivalingam is generally circular based, a quadrangular receptacle. The pedestal is shrewdly shaped to drain off the water when ablutions are performed. This is the only God whose Form and Formless appear together.
Learned indicate that the bottle portion of the pedestal represents Brahma Swaroopam, the middle portion represents Vishnu while the upper portion or the cylindrical one represent Shiva. Images are also sometimes carved rarely, such is one Kathmandu Pashupathinath temple.Â
Shiva Lingam is in various shapes, 11 typed shapes, elliptical, aniconic image, with a circular base or Peetam. He is beyond all qualities of Forms and Formlessness, He appears in either form or Formless.Scroll Down to read more
Shop Now for Energized Products
01. Ashtaloha Lingam: It is made of eight metals and cures leprosy
02. Vaidurya Lingam: It is made of a precious stone called Vaiduryam - Lapis and protects one from the enemy's arrogant attack
03. Spatika Lingam: It is made of Crystal and bestows fulfilment of all desires
04. Padara Lingam: It is made of mercury and bestows inestimable fortune.
05. Trapu Lingam: It is made of Tagara metal and makes one's life free from enemies, if adored
06. Ahasa Lingam: It is made of Vitroil of sulphate and relives one from the menace of enemies.
07. Seesa Lingam: It is made of Lead and makes the adorer invulnerable to foes.
08. Ashtadhtu Lingam: It is made of minerals and bestows sarvasiddhi - all super natural powers
09. Navaneetha Lingam: It is made of pure butter and confers fame and wealth.
10. Durvakadaja Lingam or Garika Lingam: It is made of a kind of Grass - argostis linaries and saves the adorer
from untimely or accidental death.
11. Karpura Lingam: It is made of camphor and bestows emancipation
12. Ayaskanta Lingam: It is made of magnet and confers Siddhi - super natural powers
13. Mouktika Lingam: It is made of Ashes obtained by burning pearls and confers auspiciousness and fortune.
14. Suvarna Lingam: It is made of gold and confers Mukti - deliverance of Soul from body
15. Rajita Lingam: It is made of silver and confers fortune.
16. Pittala Linam or Kamsya Lingam: It is made of an alloy brass and bell metal and confers the release of soul from body.
17. Bhamsa Lingam: It is made of Ash and confers all desirable merits.
18. Guda Lingam or Sita Lingam: It is made of Jaggery or Sugar and confers blissful life when adored.
19. Vamsankura Lingam: It is made of tender leaves of bamboo, and confers a long line of genealogy.
20. Pishta Lingam: It is made of rice four and blesses the adorer with education.
21. Dahdhidhughda Lingam: It is made of Milk and Curd on separating the entire quantity of water, and blesses the adorer with property and happiness.
22. Dhanya Lingam: It is made of grain and blesses bumper crops to the adorer.
23. Phala Lingam: It is made of fruits and blesses the owner of orchards with good crops of fruits.
24. Dhatri Lingam: It is made of a kind of acid fruit - phyllanthus Emblica and bestows liberation.
25. Gandha Lingam: It is made of Chandanam (sandal wood paste), three parts of Kumkumam and two parts of musk. Size determines the quantity and cost to be put in but the ratio remains constant. If worship is made to this Lingam, one gets blessed with Shivasayujyamukti - merging Jeevatma with Paramatma when one is consciousness. The cycle of birth and death comes to an end.
26. Pushpa Lingam: This is made of various kinds of fresh, fragrant, multi-coloured pleasant flowers. It blessed the adorer with kingship and acquisition of land.
27. Gosakru Lingam: It is made of dung of brown coloured cow. The adorer will be blessed with wealth, if he worships that Lingam.
28. Valuka Lingam: It is made of fine sand and the worship confers the status of Vidhyakara, belonging to one of the denominations of worshipful angels, besides Shiva Sayujya Prapti.
29. Yavagodhumasali Lingam: It is made of rice, maize and wheat flour, and if adored, it confers Sntana Prapti (blessing of child) in addition to wealth.
30. Sitakhanda Lingam: It is made of Sugar candy and blesses the adorer with robust health and disease free easy life.
31. Lavana Lingam: It is made of salt mixed with the powder of Hartal and Trikatukala. I blesses the adorer with Vasikaranasakti -- the power that subdues other with the help of spells and charms.
32. Tilapista Lingam:
It is made with the paste of Gingely seeds, the desires of the doer are fulfilled, if worshipped.
How To Keep Shivlinga at Home: Direction of Placement of Shiva Linga
As per Agama Shastra, there are two acceptable orientations of the Shiva Linga.
1. The Yoni base facing the North and the devotee facing the East (towards the West face of the Lingam).
2. The Yoni base facing the East and the devotee facing the North (towards the South face of the Lingam). The Yoni base here shall mean the point from where the Abhishek liquid (Water or Panchamrit) flows out of Shiva Ling.
I was very happy about it
Dear Neeta, Today your package arrived. Thanks a lot for the good service and the different surprises in it. I was very happy about it. Best regards and u til the next time Rob
- Rob de Vet
I must say your service is really very very good
Ruby gems Hi, I want to thanks you as I have received the items today. I was very pleased to do business with you and the only thing I regret that I came to know about you lately. I have bought many things from India that is religious items that you also have it but I must say your service is really very very good compare to other from where i have bought items. In the future any items I will buy I'll buy it from you. Keep it like this as you know today the internet has become very competitive and Good service is the key to success. Once more thanks a lot and a word from the bottom of my heart
I think they deserve respect
I purchased many Rudraksha from Rudra Center and have had nothing but good service and top quality. The prices are competitive and if a person wants a cheaper price then need to buy wholesale in quantity. Every business has lots of costs and overheads that have to be included in the price. The smaller the business the smaller the overheads. Rudra Center is a bigger than most business (Rudraksha) and have much higher overheads. And you get bigger in business and long lasting through honesty. I think they deserve respect, and recognition for their expertise and honesty. Richard Shaw-Brown
- Richard Shaw Brown
Good job of spreading the knowledge
Dear Neeta, Hello its Rajaram, I received the items I had ordered. I am using it and have experienced the energy and power of the rudrakash and yantras. Even my wife has experienced the same. Rudraksha-ratna team is doing a good job by providing good service like the free recommendations and product of religious and spiritual importance after doing the required rituals in a proper manner. I trust all your products and have told about your web site to many of my friends and relatives. Keep it up you are doing a good job of spreading the knowledge and message of gods. Thank you Regards Rajaram
Marvelous job in sending the items at a jet speed
Dear Ms Neeta, I have received my ordered rudraksha items at about 10:00am on 27/06/2007 that is within 17 hours of placing the order at 05:30pm on 26/06. I received all the items in attractive neatly packed pouches. Your company has done a really marvelous job in sending the items at a jet speed, I wish all of you in providing good service to the needy people and be in service of LORD SHIVA. "OM NAMAH SHIVAYA" WITH BEST WISHES C.HARISH KUMAR
- C.HARISH KUMAR
You are customer oriented
I happily received my Narmada Shivling on 26-2-2010. The packaging of the items were excellent. The Shivling was extremely beautiful. Thank you for your caring and prompt service. My past experiences with your concern makes me strongly conclude that you are Customer oriented and that only the satisfaction of the customer is your goal. Happy to buy from such a good service minded seller. Bala Venkatesh
- Bala Venkatesh
My confidence is increased
Dear Rudra Center. I don't have job from a long time. After wearing 5 mukhi rudraksha mala from Nepal from Rudra Center. My confidence is increased. I am getting a job! After my sallery and some saving I will surely buy 14 mukhi rudraksha bracelet , 10 mukhi rudraksha bracelet and 8 mukhi rudraksha bracelet soon. And RRST recommendation from miss Neeta jee. Thank you for providing a very good service. I would like to purchase more things in the future. Thanks once again premanand for giving so good support.
40 Day Practice
The period of 40 days has been widely recognized as an auspicious period both in
Read More →
Importance, Significance, Types of Shivling & Their Benefits
Linga Represents The Formless Siva Siva-Linga speaks to you in unmistakable lang
Read More →
Shivalinga made in different materials
Shivalinga worship is ancient, original, prehistoric and not merely an abstract
Read More →
Shiva Lingam: Meaning, Significance, Benefits, Story & More
The Shiva lingam is a representation of the Hindu divinity Shiva and is used fo
Read More →