Shani Deva and Mahadasha (Sade sati)
Shani Deva and His Sade Sati : How to please Shani Dev?
Shani Dev who rules the planet Saturn (Shani) is the most feared god who is as per Vedas is the god of justice, punishments and rewards. Saturnâ€™s malefic position in the horoscope of an individual delays their successes and causes endless struggles, giving them constant disappointments. People are afraid of Lord Shani, the ruler of Planet Saturn that takes about thirty years to orbit around Sun, indicating that Shani casting his eyes on you slows your progress of everything in your life. Saturn is a karaka, or indicator, of longevity, misery, sorrow, old age and death, discipline, restriction, responsibility, delays, ambition, leadership and authority, humility, integrity, wisdom born of experience. Saturn also indicates asceticism, denial, non-attachment, spirituality, hard work, organization, reality and time itself.
When does Sade Sati occur?
Shani Dosha or Sadi sati (malefic Saturn) occurs when Saturn is weakened or occupies any of the fundamental houses such as 1st, 4th, 7th and 10th or 8th and 12th houses in Aries, Cancer, Leo, or Scorpio sign or is retrograde in those Houses except the Libra, Capricorn and Aquarius signs. He indicates his lordship over the ascetic, rich with inner spirituality, and lost to this material plane of existence.Scroll Down to read more
Shop Now for Energized Products
What are the durations of Sade Sati?
He is generally known to affect one adversely on occasions when he occupies certain positions in one's horoscope like Saade Sati (7 1/2 years) Ashtama Shanaiswara (Saturn in 8th house - 2 1/2 years) etc. He is the Lord of Makaram and Kumbam. He is the slowest moving planet taking 2 1/2 years in each zodiac, completing one cycle every thirty years.
Shani resides in each zodiac for a period of 2 1/2 years. When Saneeswaran resides in the 12th, 1st and 2nd house, it is 7 1/2 Naatu Sani ; when in the 4th house, it is Arthashtama Sani; when in the 8th house, it is Ashtama Sani. During these periods, he troubles the native. In a person's life, 7 1/2 Naatu Sani aspects thrice, the first called Mangu Sani, the second called Pongu Sani and the third called Marana Sani.
Shani Mahadasha effects: Malefic effects of Planet Saturn
Astrologically well-placed Shani blesses you with prosperous career, healthy life, and fulfilment of all your wishes and desires. You donâ€™t need to run after money and riches; instead they come to you. Lord Shani is neutral in giving material prosperities and giving suitable punishments to you according your deeds or acts. But when Shani (Saturn planet) is deliberated, you have to face the following:
- Depressions and frustrations
- Delays in success
- Breathing issues and chronic illnesses
- Hazy thoughts and confused state of mind
- Short temperedness
- Urge to have an illicit affair with the opposite sex
Qualities of Shani: the god of justice and punishment:
Being one of the nine planets, Saturn personifies Lord Shani that means ???anay????? Kramati Sa??????; â€œthe one who moves slowlyâ€. As per Vedic scriptures, he is the elder son of Surya (Sun god) with Yama (the god of death) being the younger. Shani was born of Chhaya (Shadow) who was created by Sunâ€™s first wife Saranyu upon being unable to bear her husbandâ€™s radiance. Lord Shani is the god of punishment, deliverance of justice and hardships. He gives the results of your actions throughout your life whereas his younger brother Yama gives the results of your actions after death.
Remedies for Shani Mahadasha: How to please Shani Dev?
Vedic scriptures call Shani as the greatest teacher, well-wisher and punishment giver. He teaches hard lessons by putting you in the loops of struggles, hardships and at times frustrations, just to keep you grounded so that you refrain from daydreaming, being overambitious and creating inner fantasies.
Once you learn these lessons, Shani rewards you to your hearthâ€™s content. With his blessings, the rich lose everything and the poor gain everything overnight.
So, whenever you face struggles, constant disappointments, failures or unfulfilled wishes, know that these are all Shaniâ€™s blessings working in the background to mold you for better.
- Worship of Shani: The basic and foremost remedy is worshiping Shani Deva by chanting the following mantra in the evenings on Saturdays. Better to chant every day.
Nilanjana Sama Bhasam Raviputram Yama Grajam ||
Chhaaya Martanda Sambhootam Tam Namami Shanaishcharam ||
- Worship of Goddess Katyayani:Â Planet Saturn is also ruled by Goddess Katyayini who is the sixth incarnation of Navadurga and considered to be the giver of righteousness as per the karma and the lessons as per the actions of an individual, hence she is the ruling Goddess for Shani.
- Shani Chalisa: It is a 40-verse treatise praising Lord Shani and his divine qualities. Â It is said that by chanting the Chalisa, one is blessed with tolerance, patience and humility through the phase of Sade-Sati. One the phase is over, the native is blessed with fulfillment of all the desires that were unfulfilled during the phase. For more information on Shani Chailsa and Stotram visit:
- Hanuman Chalisa: Reciting Hanuman Chalisa on Tuesdays, Saturdays or everyday makes you stronger mentally and emotionally. Lord Hanuman rules planets Mars and Saturn. Those suffering from the malefic effects of Mars (Mangal Dosha) and Saturn (Sade-Sati) in their horoscopes may worship Hanuman and sing his chalisa.
- Wear gemstones of Shani: The gem associated with Venus is Blue Sapphire to be worn on the left middle on a Saturday. Â Blue Sapphire helps the wearer in being more charismatic, intuitive and intelligent. It leads to peace of mind through acceptance and a good judgment.
- Use energized Shanti Yantras: A Shani Yantra is as powerful as chanting his Chalisa. It is recommended for those undergoing the effects of Sade Sathi or Saturn Return. Benefits of using a Shanti Yantra are listed below:
- Relief during Sade-Sati phase
- Success in worldly affairs and in business undertakings.
- Mental and Emotional strengths
- Increased desire to know the occult philosophies and read scriptures
- Faith in the Divine
About Shani Shingnapur:
Shani Shingnapur village is famed for its temple dedicated to Shani - the planet Saturn. A remarkable fact is that there are no locks on any of the doors in the village are it residential or commercial, including the bank. Local legends claim that the village is 'protected' and no thief can cross its borders without dying. Skeptics please note that the village has remained theft - free in recorded history. Shani-Shingnapur is a famous pilgrim center near Nashik in Maharashtra, which is also known for its door-less mystery. The unique feature of Shani-Shingnapur is that there is neither any image of specific deity nor any particular idol, but there is a stone pillar, which is supposed to embody the image, which is worshipped with deep respect and reverence.
The specialty of this temple is that there is no image or Pandit who performs the puja. Male devotees before entering into the temple take a head bath in the holy waters close to the temple and wear saffron cloth. The puja is carried out in the form of Pradakshanas, where in the devotee go around the idol a couple of times, chanting prayers.
Devotees also perform 'Abhishekas' (rites involving pouring of certain liquids over the idol) with water and 'Til' (mustard) oil. Thousands of people including a few famous personalities gather on Shani Amvasaya to perform Puja. In this village one can find the houses having gaping, rectangular spaces at the facade of every home. No doorframes, no latches, no padlocks or any other safety measures to guard the house are found. It is believed that nobody dares to steal anything because then it is believed that if they do so Shani Deva, the local deity, punishes them. It has been proved that even if something is stolen, the owner has always got the stolen things back. There is also a belief that if a snake in Shinganapur bites a person, he is brought to the temple and a ritual is performed in front of the idol, which neutralizes the poison. Devgad is a village located to the east of Shaneshwar, which is famous for Shri Datta temple. The temple is open for the visitors for 24 hours. There is another belief attached to this place that the Neem tree standing to the North of the Shani idol sheds its branches if one happens to cast a shadow over the idol. Shiridi is another major pilgrim center of Maharashtra and India, which is very close to Shani-Shingnapur.
Chandra Doshas Remedies
The Moon in Vedic astrology is called Chandra. Chandra means "bright and shining
Different Type of KAAL SARPA YOGA
There are so many books and so many guidelines for KAAL SARPA YOGA. KALSURPA YOG
Mangal Dosha Remedy
Whenever Mars is situated inÂ 1,2,4,7,8,12 th Â house Â of a Rashi or lun
It is believed that by satisfying our ancestors and forefathers who are no more