Skanda Sashti 2022: Dates, Vratham and Puja
What is Skanda Sashti or Kanda Sashti?
Skanda Sashti is also known as Kanda Shashti is celebrated to worship Lord Skanda, who is an avatar of Lord Kartikeya, son of Lord Shiva and Parvati. During this Sashti, devotees keep vratam, observe fast, sing Skanda Sashti Kavacham, and perform Sabramanya Shasti Pooja. It is one of the major southern festivals that glorifies Lord Skanda or Sabramanya. In the Skanda Purana, it is mentioned that the demons under the commands of Tarakasura along with Simhamukha and Surapadma created havoc in the heavenly abodes of different gods and goddesses. It was Lord Skanda who defeated all these demons and freed the gods.
Generally, people are aware of Ganesha Chaturthi that happens in Bhadrapada (Aug-Sept) but Sankashti Chaturthi and Vinayaka Chaturthi are also significant as both are related to Lord Ganesha.
So far as Skanda Sashti Vratam is concerned, the auspicious tithi is when Sashti Tithi happens withPanchami Tithi. Skanda Sashti Vratam may be observed on Panchami Tithi.
Popular and Effective Skanda Sashti products
Kartikeya Puja Mantra Japa and Yajna
The Kartikeya Puja Mantra Japa and Yajna is performed for seeking the blessings of Lord Kartikeya and it also pacifies the malefic effects of Mangal Dosha and Kuja Dosha. The Puja is performed according to the Vedic scriptures by Rudra Centre priests in the temple installed in our self-owned premises. You will receive a Puja Tokri with prasad and other items along with a short video of the puja. Conducting this puja may be beneficial for the fulfillment of wishes as well.
CLICK HERE TO Kartikeya Puja Mantra Japa and Yajna
Kartikeya Yantra in Gold Polish
Finely etched Kartikeya Yantra on a copper plate in 24K gold polish is perfect for placing in your puja altar while worshipping Lord Kartikeya or Lord Skanda. It brings confidence, willpower, intelligence, and fulfills desires. There are various options available for holding the Yantra such as a wooden stand, wooden frame, and golden frame to place in your home/office or shop. The high-quality copper used for engraving the Yantra makes it a durable piece and reciting the Mantra provided is beneficial.
CLICK HERE TO Buy Kartikeya Yantra in Gold Polish
Lord Murugan Brass Idol
Lord Murugan idol made in top-quality brass by skilled artisans from South India. The idol is standing on a pedestal in a traditional design that is not just authentic but also brilliant. It has a peacock standing beside the God at the base and the left hand is in Varad Mudra while the right palm is in Abhayam Mudra. The upper arms have a trident and chisel and the idol also features a Vel (spear) placed diagonally. This beautifully carved brass idol of Lord Murugan exudes divinity.
CLICK HERE TO BUY Shree Siddh Rahu Yantra
Kartikeya Ring Scroll Down to read more
Kartikeya Ring made in pure panchdhatu can be worn in any hand. This handmade design featuring Lord Kartikeya with His vehicle peacock symbolizes the divinity of God. The high-quality panchdhatu used in making this ring makes it durable and the simplistic look of the ring is appropriate for wearing it with your formal and casual wear. This beautiful piece of jewel will help you build a divine aura around you and seek the blessings of Lord Kartikeya.
CLICK HERE TO BUY Kartikeya Ring
Shop Now for Energized Products
Skanda Sashti Viratham 2022 / Skanda Sashti Fasting: How to Celebrate Skanda Sashti?
Skanda Sashti is dedicated to Lord Skanda or Sabramanya, one observes fast on this day to please the Lord who is also known as Lord Murugan.
|Date ||Tithi ||Time |
|January 7, 2022, Friday ||Skanda Sashti ||Begins - 11:10 AM, Jan 07 |
Ends - 10:42 AM, Jan 08
|February 6, 2022, Sunday ||Skanda Sashti ||Begins - 03:46 AM, Feb 06 |
Ends - 04:37 AM, Feb 07
|March 8, 2022, Tuesday ||Skanda Sashti ||Begins - 10:32 PM, Mar 07 |
Ends - 12:31 AM, Mar 09
|April 6, 2022, Wednesday ||Skanda Sashti ||Begins - 06:01 PM, Apr 06 |
Ends - 08:32 PM, Apr 07
|May 6, 2022, Friday ||Skanda Sashti ||Begins - 12:32 PM, May 06 |
Ends - 02:56 PM, May 07
|June 5, 2022, Sunday ||Skanda Sashti ||Begins - 04:52 AM, Jun 05 |
Ends - 06:39 AM, Jun 06
|July 4, 2022, Monday ||Skanda Sashti ||Begins - 06:32 PM, Jul 04 |
Ends - 07:28 PM, Jul 05
|August 3, 2022, Wednesday ||Skanda Sashti ||Begins - 05:41 AM, Aug 03 |
Ends - 05:40 AM, Aug 04
|September 1, 2022, Thursday ||Skanda Sashti ||Begins - 02:49 PM, Sep 01 |
Ends - 01:51 PM, Sep 02
|October 1, 2022, Saturday ||Skanda Sashti ||Begins - 10:34 PM, Sep 30 |
Ends - 08:46 PM, Oct 01
|October 30, 2022, Sunday ||Soora Samharam ||Begins - 05:49 AM, Oct 30 |
Ends - 03:27 AM, Oct 31
|November 28, 2022, Monday ||Subrahmanya Sashti ||Begins - 01:35 PM, Nov 28 |
Ends - 11:04 AM, Nov 29
|December 28, 2022, Wednesday ||Skanda Sashti ||Begins - 10:52 PM, Dec 27 |
Ends - 08:44 PM, Dec 28
- You can observe fast from sunrise to sunset following the time given.
- You can eat nothing or just consume satvik food such as fruits and milk.
- You can chant Skanda Sashti Kavacham, a devotional prayer for protection and blessings from Lord Murugan.
- Chant ‘Om Sharavana Bhava’ mantra 108 times on a bead mala (Rudraksha) to please the Almighty.
- You can wear Mars Power Mala having Six Mukhi Rudraksha bead ruled by the planet Mars which is under the control of Lord Kartikeya.
- You can wear a Six Mukhi Rudraksha bead as a bracelet, locket, or pendant. A Six Mukhi Rudraksha is ruled by the War god, Lord Kartikeya, and pacifies planet Mars. Best for willpower, courage, perfection in one’s profession, grounding, and focus.
- If you are suffering from delays or disharmony in marriages, accidents, high temper, debts, difficulties through children, and losses in business, you must use Shree Mangal yantra in your pocket, wallet, or cash box. Keeping this in the South corner of the home or on one's person pleases Mars and brings happiness and auspiciousness in-home and prosperity in business.
- Best of all, one must perform Kartikeya Puja on Skanda Sashti. Those who are suffering from Rahu, Ketu, Kala Sarpa Dosha (In the Vedic chart, people whose planets sit between Rahu and Ketu) and those having sarpa shraap (the curse of the snake) should worship Karthikeya. Click here to know more about Kartikeya Puja.
Benefits of Monthly Sashti Viratham
- To please Lord Karthikeya and receive his blessings.
- Helps overcome delays or disharmony in marriages, accidents, high temper, debts, difficulties through children, and losses in business.
- Balances the effect of planet Mars (Mangal) and removes Mangal Dosh from the horoscope.
- Helps people suffering from Rahu, Ketu, Kala Sarpa Dosha and those having Sarpa Shraap.
- Brings courage, fearlessness to gain victory over one’s enemies.
Skanda Sashti Kavacham:
It is said that one must recite or at least read Skanda Sashti Kavacham or Skanda Sashti Kavasam on thisday. It is a devotional song glorifying Lord Murugan. It was composed in Tamil by a student ofMeenakshi Sundaram Pillai in the 16th century. The student was Bala Devaraya Swamigal. Beginningwith the first four lines called kaappu, it has two-hundred and thirty-eight verses that are knownas kavacham. By chanting it regularly, one establishes themselves in a pure devotional mood. Duringthe Skanda Vrat, it should be chanted, recited, or read thirty-six times a day.
Meaning of Skanda Sashti Kavacham:
The Skanda Sashti Kavacham is a prayer to Lord Skanda also known as Lord Murugan. The devotees whorecite this Kavacham enjoy prosperity in abundance and all their sufferings vanish as the verses in theKavacham suggest. It invokes Lord Skanda to shower His grace on the devotees while some versesdescribe the most beautiful form of God and ask for protection.
Benefits of Skanda Sashti Kavacham:
- Reciting the Kanda Sashti Kavacham regularly showers the blessings of Lord Skanda or Lord Murugan on the devotees.
- It protects the devotees from all the agony and miseries since it acts as protection (kavach).
- The Skanda Sashti Kavacham can be recited by devotees with fertility issues to have a child.
- Marital discord is also resolved by chanting this Kavacham.
- Singing the Kavacham every day brings peace in the home.